After addressing questions from earlier classes, discussion addressed student concerns about and instructor-selected points from the readings assigned to be done for the day. Inquiry after progress on the StratRdg was made, and discussion of the Rose piece continued from the previous class meeting or began as time permitted.
Students are reminded of the following due dates:
- StratRdg PV (in print as class begins on 25 January 2016)
- StratRdg RV (via D2L before class begins on 29 January 2016)
- StratRdg FV (via D2L before class begins on 5 February 2016)
Students may note a change in grades on the StratRdg Txt. Some in one class successfully argued for a change in the scale applied thereto. Their success benefits those who submitted the assignment in a timely fashion.
Students are also advised of the following, at the request of the Department Chair (the request was received via email on Thursday, 21 January 2016):
Take an OSU Study Abroad Course to Trinidad and Tobago!
Travel dates: June 1-13th, 2016
- Trinidad and Tobago are two southern Caribbean islands that make one nation. The climate is tropical, and the islands boast lush forests, sandy beaches, and historic cities. We will spend most of our time exploring Trinidad, with one overnight trip to Tobago.
- Taught by Dr. Richard Frohock (firstname.lastname@example.org), this course (ENGL 4400.606, three credit hours) is on the Literature and Culture of the Greater Caribbean. It is a general education course that carries Humanities (H) and Contemporary International Cultures (I) designations. There are no prerequisites, and the class is open to all majors.
- The course fee of $2,200 includes tuition and fees, travel insurance, 12 nights lodging, meals, multiple excursions, and local ground transportation. The course fee also includes a round trip flight from Trinidad to Tobago for our overnight trip.
- Enrollment is open now; to be able to apply for A&S and Provost scholarship opportunities (deadlines Jan 22nd and 29th), students must first submit a non-binding course application by contacting Shane O’Mealey in the A&S Outreach office (email@example.com, 405-744-5647).
Regarding meetings and attendance:
- Section 015 met as scheduled, at 1030 in Classroom Building Room 217. The class roster showed 19 students enrolled, unchanged since the previous report. Seventeen attended, verified by a brief written exercise. Student participation was reasonably good.
- Section 023 met as scheduled, at 1130 in Classroom Building Room 121. The class roster showed 18 students enrolled, a decline of one since the previous report. Fourteen attended, verified by a brief written exercise. Student participation was adequate.
- Section 040 met as scheduled, at 0830 in Morrill Hall Room 206. The class roster showed 18 students enrolled, unchanged since the previous report. Fourteen attended, verified by a brief written exercise. Student participation was minimal; students are advised that it needs to improve markedly.
- Four students attended office hours.