Discussion treated the results of the first-page exercise noted in previous class reports (here and here) as well as ongoing concerns of the SpEx survey. It then moved to treat remaining concerns of the TxtAn in advance of the RV submission coming due (noted below). A number of students had noted on 16 October that they had no questions in advance of working on the paper over the weekend and anticipated having them upon return therefrom; such seems not to have been the case for all classes.
The English Department asks that the following be announced to students:
Frontier Mosaic, OSU’s Undergraduate Literary Magazine, a publication of the English Department, is now accepting submissions of fiction, poetry, creative nonfiction, and visual art by undergraduates. Submission deadline is 31 December 2015; guidelines and examples are online at http://www.frontiermosaic.com.
Students are reminded of the following due dates:
- TxtAn RV, 21 October 2015 (via D2L before class begins)
- TxtAn FV, 30 October 2015 (via D2L before class begins)
- SpEx, 2 November 2015 (in class; information is forthcoming)
Regarding meetings and attendance:
- Section 025 met as scheduled, at 1030 in Engineering South 213 A. The class roster showed 17 students enrolled, unchanged since the previous report. Sixteen attended, verified informally. Student participation was not adequate.
- Section 044 met as scheduled, at 1330 in Classroom Building 108. The class roster showed 18 students enrolled, unchanged since the previous report. Fourteen attended, verified informally. Student participation was reasonably good, pointing out useful information for future assignments.
- Section 084 met as scheduled, at 0830 in Morrill Hall 306. The class roster showed 19 students enrolled, unchanged since the previous report. Fifteen attended, verified informally. Student participation was not as expected.
- Section 102 met as scheduled, at 1230 in Classroom Building 221. The class roster showed 17 students enrolled, unchanged since the previous report. All attended, verified informally. Student participation was acceptable.
One thought on “Class Reports: ENGL 1113: Composition I, Sections 025, 044, 084, and 102- 19 October 2015”
[…] Discussion continued to treat the TxtAn, of which the RV was due before the beginning of class time today. Owing to homecoming activities, assessment of the TxtAn RV will be somewhat slower than usual; students may expect to have it back through email before 26 October 2015. Particular attention was paid to concerns of usage, which should be prominent for many students after the return of the first-page exercise at the end of the previous class meeting. […]