After addressing questions from the previous class meeting and online, discussion turned towards concerns of the essay as a form, including theses and supporting argumentative structures. It also treated assignments for the week.
Students are reminded of the following assignments’ due dates, following the initial comments on the session:
- Essay 1 Draft, online before 0059 on 22 May 2017
- Reading Lab: Outlining and Mapping, online before 0059 on 22 May 2017
- Reading Lab: Supporting Details, online before 0059 on 22 May 2017
- Reading Lab: Next Reading (I), online before 0059 on 22 May 2017
- Week 3 Discussions, online before 0059 on 8 May 2017
The class met as scheduled, at 0900 in Room 107 of the San Antonio campus. The class roster listed eight students enrolled, a decline of one since the last class meeting. Of them, five attended, verified through direct question. Student participation was improved. No students attended office hours after the meeting.