After addressing questions from the previous class meeting, discussion asked after student progress on the StratRdg, the RV of which was due via D2L before class began. Discussion then turned to the assigned readings, working to come abreast of the course calendar. The assignment sheet for the T&S was distributed, as well.
Students are reminded of the following due dates:
- StratRdg FV (via D2L before class begins on 5 February 2016)
- T&S PV (printed hard copy at the beginning of class on 15 February 2016)
- T&S RV (via D2L before class begins on 19 February 2016)
Students are also reminded that classes meet in Edmon Low Library Room 206 on Wednesday, 3 February 2016. Office hours will be held in the library that day, as well; a note to that effect will be posted on the instructor’s door as a reminder.
Additionally, the Dean of Arts and Sciences and the Head of the English Department both ask that students be advised of the upcoming Oklahoma State University Career Fair. Events on 3 February 2016, from 1230-1630, will focus on students majoring in Liberal Arts, Business, Communication, Design, and Social Sciences fields. STEM fields are featured on 4 February 2016. Arts and Sciences students are especially encouraged to attend; Career Services is making an outreach effort, and it would be good to see that outreach met. The Dean notes in an email that “Students who want more information, or to schedule appointments with [the Arts and Sciences] Career Consultants, can be directed to www.hireosugrads.com.”
Regarding meetings and attendance:
- Section 015 met as scheduled, at 1030 in Classroom Building Room 217. The class roster showed 18 students enrolled, a loss of one since the previous report. Fourteen attended, verified through a brief written exercise. Student participation was adequate.
- Section 023 met as scheduled, at 1130 in Classroom Building Room 121. The class roster showed 17 students enrolled, a decline of one since the previous report. Fifteen attended, verified through a brief written exercise. Student participation was reasonably good.
- Section 040 met as scheduled, at 0830 in Morrill Hall Room 206. The class roster showed 17 students enrolled, unchanged since the previous report. Twelve attended, verified through a brief written exercise. Student participation was improved from previous classes, marking a welcome change.
- No students attended office hours.